Bilingual / International Schools
GRIBS I Gymnasium Ried im Innkreis Bilingual School
10 to 14/18 years of age (from 5th to 8th/12th grade)
The public secondary academic school Gymnasium Ried offers a bilingual (German – English) class for students aged 10 – 14/18 in Ried im Innkreis, implementing German as well as English as the language of instruction from the first day of school. Based on the Austrian curriculum, the programme is aimed at young people who seek a broad and balanced education on their way to the Austrian A-levels (Matura).
Anton Bruckner International School
Anton Bruckner International School (Schulverein der Kreuzschwestern) founded in 2008, is a co-educational, independent international school. It is the only international school in Upper Austria to offer the Primary Years Programme and Middle Years Programme authorised by the International Baccalaureate Organisation (ibo.org).
ABIS currently provides an education to over 200 students from 48 different nations, aged from 4.5 to 16 years. The first MYP graduates will change to the Diploma Programme school in 2020/21.The approach to learning and teaching is guided by the International Baccalaureate curriculum framework.
LISA | Linz International School Auhof
LISA’s mission is to provide an environment in which students may unfold their intellectual, creative and linguistic potential and to prepare them for an increasingly competitive, multicultural and globalised society. LISA welcomes students regardless of gender, ethnic background, nationality, political or religious orientation.
The school has remarkable opportunities for all international students and intends to see that they all receive every chance to learn and to enjoy their school day in Linz. LISA-JUNIOR International School is a place where students from many countries come together to share ideas, experiences and values. Currently over 160 students are enrolled at the school – kids from all over the world attend LISA-JUNIOR International School (32 different nations with many different denominations speak 28 different languages). Each class is taught by two teachers, one from Austria with international experience and one international teacher.
Since September 2015 LISA-JUNIOR International School is a private school and is part of the “Schulverein der Kreuzschwestern”, a catholic order. The teaching concept is based on the Primary Years Programme of the International Baccalaureate Organization (www.ibo.org).
LISA-JUNIOR offers classes for students from 4.5 to 11 years, all taught in English. LISA-JUNIOR started its latest project in September 2015 and opened a PYP 5 class. From now on, it will expand the school for another class up to grade 10. In school year 2017/18 it will start with the MYP (Middle Years Programme) classes. The first MYP graduates will change to the Diploma Programme school in 2020/21.
To be qualified for admission to LISA-JUNIOR, a child must:
- show acceptable skills at the appropriate academic level. These skills will be affirmed by a review of the previous school records as well as an adequate performance on an admissions interview.
- have reached his/her sixth birthday on or prior to August 31st of the current year to enter Grade 1. If the child is born between September 1st and December 31st there is the possibility to screen the child upon his/her academic level.
Children who meet the above criteria will be accepted at any point during the school year, depending upon space available in the grade level for which he/she is applying.
Registration forms are available at school or can be requested by mail.
LISA-JUNIOR International School offers After School Care, a wide variety of After School Activities and a Summer Camp.
Monthly Tuition Fee: € 107.00 (payable 10 x a year)
Stationary Fee: € 300.00 (payable 2 x € 150.00)
- Hot Lunch
- After School Care: variable costs depending on the amount of days, the child is registered for
- Curriculum Trips
- After School Activities
- Costs for MYP books
- Examination Fee
LISA-JUNIOR International School
phone: +43 (0) 732 – 75 70 61
LISA is the only public school in Austria with instruction in English and offering students the possibility of graduating with both the Austrian Matura as well as the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma. Students are admitted starting the 5th school year (1st class AHS) and are eligible to graduate after completion of the 12th school year (8th class AHS).
LISA is one of 2,500 schools in 131 countries that offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma. This diploma entitles the graduate to study at an Austrian or international university. The IB final examinations are standardized world-wide. The language of examination is in English. The exams are submitted and are externally assessed. Most of the students graduate with both the IB Diploma and the Austrian School Leaving Certificate (“Matura”)
- Employment of qualified Austrian teachers as well as native speakers
- Joint study projects
- Emphasis on social and communicative ways of learning
- Intercultural exchange and fostering mutual understanding and tolerance
- Use of modern teaching media
- Children who have already attended an international school abroad
- Austrian children who show great interest in languages and cultures
- Children from abroad, whose parents are staying in Austria for professional reasons (adequate knowledge of German or English is required)
- Registration takes place in the first two weeks after semester break
- Children can join LISA during school year depending on available capacities and required qualifications
LISA | Europagymnasium
A – 4040 Linz
Tel.: +43 (0) 732 – 245867 – 23
Fax: +43 (0) 732 – 245867 – 17
SERVICE CENTER MENU
GOOD TO KNOW
- Health Care
- How to find accommodation
- Child Care Facilities
- Austrian education system
- Bilingual / International Schools
- Foreign driving licences
- Use of cars with foreign licence plates
- Public Employment Service Austria (AMS)
- Bank Account / Insurance
Follow the link: